The CBORD Group, Inc.
If you are a California resident, please click here for more information about your specific privacy rights.
DECLARATION OF CONSENT
You may withdraw this consent at any time by notifying us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by writing to The CBORD Group, Inc., 950 Danby Road, Suite 100C, Ithaca, NY 14850, Attention: Privacy Officer.
Generally, you may browse the Site without providing any Personal Information. However, we may ask that you provide information, including, without limitation, Personal Information, at various times and locations through the Site. For example, if you decide to register with the Site to request information, you will be asked to provide information such as your name and email address. When using forms on the Site to communicate with us, you may choose to provide other Personal Information, such as your name, company name, mailing address, phone number, and email address. We may collect and store any Personal Information you input into the Site, including the following: your name, company name, mailing address, phone number, and email address.
PROTECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information when you transmit it from your computer to the Site and to protect such information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. We make a diligent effort to ensure that our secure server software (SSL) is the industry standard for secure commerce transactions. Our SSL encrypts all of your personal information, including credit card number, name, and address, to protect the information as it travels over the Internet. We also take contractual, administrative and physical steps to protect against unauthorized access to and disclosure of individually identifiable information. You should keep in mind that no Internet transmission is ever 100% secure or error-free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from the Site may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail. Where you use passwords, ID numbers, or other special access features on this site, it is your responsibility to safeguard them.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Personal Information collected by and through the Site may be used by The CBORD Group, Inc., its divisions, holding companies, subsidiaries and affiliates, or other entities that are involved in the operation of the Site. We may use the information collected and provided, individually or in an aggregate form, in order to:
- contact you about the Site;
- notify you about important changes to the Site;
- evaluate products or services we could offer to you;
- monitor or improve use of the Site;
- compare and otherwise use data entered by users for any purpose including consulting, research and marketing;
- customize any advertising and content you see on the Site;
- provide specific information to you from us and/or our affiliates; and
- send you promotional material from us and/or our affiliates.
- Registration Information — To use certain features of the CBORD websites, you may be required to register online. The registration process requires users to give us contact information like their name, birth date, and email address. We do not share registration information with any entities with the exception of email addresses shared with third-party business partners; in this case we will notify you before sharing your email address. The email address provided for client accounts is used to allow you to subscribe to CBORD email communications and to give CBORD the ability to deliver registration confirmation messages, password hints upon request, User Advisory Council communications, and important support and product bulletins. Some information provided may be used to identify you once logged into the CBORD site.
- Transaction Information – If the CBORD site offers the ability to purchase goods online using a credit card, or deposit money into an account associated with a credit card, the user’s credit card number is recorded in our secure web server environment which complies with Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (“PCI DSS”). Users may be able to optionally save their credit card information for future use on the CBORD website. This credit card information is also stored in our secure web server environment and complies with PCI DSS. Whenever a user’s card number information is displayed on the CBORD website, it is masked so only the last 4 digits appear.
YOUR INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS
With certain legal exceptions and limitations, you may exercise the following rights. We will not discriminate against you, in any manner prohibited by applicable law, for exercising these rights.
- Access. You have the right to request information about the categories and specific Personal Information we have collected about you, the sources of Personal Information, the purpose for collecting the Personal Information, the categories of third parties to whom we have sold your Personal Information or shared it for a business purpose and the types of Personal Information sold or shared. You may also request information about any third parties with whom we have shared your Personal Information for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. You may request this information at the contact information above.
- Deletion. You may request that we delete your Personal Information.
- Correction. You have the right to ask us to correct your Personal Information
CORRECTIONS AND REQUESTS FOR PERSONAL INFORMATION OR ERASURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you want us to correct your Personal Information or other information, or if you would like us to provide you with a copy of the Personal Information that we hold about you, or if you would like the Personal Information that we hold about you to be erased, please contact us by sending us an email at email@example.com or writing to us at The CBORD Group, Inc., 950 Danby Road, Suite 100C, Ithaca, NY 14850, Attention: Privacy Officer. We will respond to any such requests within 30 days of receipt.
PERSONAL INFORMATION RETENTION
Personal Information will be stored for as long as the information is required to fulfill our legitimate business needs or the purposes for which the Personal Information was collected, or for such period as is required by law.
DATA TRANSFERS TO COUNTRIES OUTSIDE THE EU/EEA
Data entered on our website are transferred to a server in the U.S. and stored there. Your data may be used (see previous section “How We Use Personal Information”) by the Company and its divisions, holding companies, subsidiaries and affiliates, or other entities outside the European Union (EU) and the European Economic Area (EEA) including in the U.S. Please note that in countries outside the country in which you live, and in particular outside the EU/EEA, a different standard of data protection might apply than the standard that you are used to in your own country. By completing and submitting the contact form on our website, you acknowledge and consent that data will be transferred across international borders, including to countries outside the EU/EEA.
DISCLOSING PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
In some instances, however, we may need to provide Personal Information to third parties that we use to deliver specific products or services to you (such as shipping or direct mailing organizations). In such cases, our agreements with these third parties do not permit them to use Personal Information for purposes other than fulfilling those services or allow such third parties to further disclose your Personal Information.
We may also disclose aggregated data to our advertisers and other third parties to generate reports, marketing and technical research and for related business purposes, i.e., how many people saw or clicked on an ad and additionally, how many people saw or clicked on ads in different portions of our service. Where available, we may offer additional information about viewer characteristics. However, this does not include personally identifiable information about you or your online usage patterns.
DOMAIN NAME AND IP ADDRESS
We collect the domain names and IP addresses of our visitors for statistical purposes, to measure use, to improve the content or responsiveness of the Site, or to customize the content or layout of the Site for the individual visitor. We do not disclose this information to third parties. We may also aggregate information relating to our visitors’ traffic patterns from the data that we collect and retain concerning the IP addresses and domain names of our visitors, and we may divulge such aggregate information about our users with third parties such as our business partners, distributors, and service and support providers.
You should know that e-mail is not necessarily secure against all forms of interception. If your communication includes sensitive information about your company and you would prefer not to transmit this information in this fashion, please contact us by post or telephone rather than e-mail.
We collect email addresses that are: volunteered by the visitor; through e-mail messages addressed to us or our employees; through visitor responses via the “contact us” portion of the Site; or e-mail marketing destination web pages and public events. We use e-mail addresses for marketing purposes and to inform those interested in our products about events, products, services or other items of interest. We may also use e-mail addresses volunteered by our visitors to register the visitor for an extranet account, to process orders for brochures and other written materials, or otherwise to respond to a visitor’s request.
On the Site we will ask you to consent to being contacted by us for promotional and marketing purposes. However, you may opt-out of receiving promotional or marketing emails at any time by notifying us as a reply to any unwanted e-mail, by using the email unsubscribe feature, contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by writing to us at The CBORD Group, Inc., 950 Danby Road, Suite 100C, Ithaca, NY 14850, Attention: Privacy Officer. Requests to unsubscribe from The CBORD Group, Inc. e-mails may take 5 business days to process.
A cookie is an element of data that a website can send to your browser, which may then be stored on your system. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether to accept it. We use one type of cookie to maintain your login information for as long as you are using the Site. No Personal Information is stored in this cookie and the cookie is deleted from your computer when you leave the Site. Our second cookie type simply identifies you as you move throughout the Site, providing faster, personalized access to view various site pages.
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”).
Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyze how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the Site (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the U.S. If the IP anonymization is activated, Google will truncate/anonymize the last octet of the IP address for Member States of the European Union as well as for other parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. In exceptional cases, the full IP address is sent to and shortened by Google servers in the U.S.
On behalf of the website provider Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the Site, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage to the website provider. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
Further information concerning the terms and conditions of use and data privacy can be found at:
Please note that on this website, Google Analytics code is supplemented by “anonymizeIp” to ensure an anonymized collection of IP addresses within the EU and EEA (IP-masking).
Our website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to us through the Site. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not access, use, or provide any information on the Site or on or through any of its features. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us by sending us an email at email@example.com or writing to us The CBORD Group, Inc., 950 Danby Road, Suite 100C, Ithaca, NY 14850, Attention: Privacy Officer.
Whilst every effort and measure is taken to reduce the risk of data breaches, we have dedicated controls and procedures in place for such situations, along with the procedures that are required to make notifications to the relevant Supervisory Authority and data subjects (where applicable).
COMMENTS AND QUESTIONS
Your use of the Site is governed by the policies, terms, and conditions set forth below. Please read them carefully. By using this site you indicate your acceptance of, and agreement to be bound by, the terms and conditions set forth below (also referred to as this “Site Agreement”). If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, please do not use this site. This Site Agreement is in addition to any prior or subsequent terms or conditions included with any CBORD agreement. CBORD reserves the right to make changes to this site and to these terms and conditions at any time. Any such modifications will become effective upon the date they are first posted to this site.
User Conduct & Participation
The Site and its contents, including but not limited to articles, newsletters, promotional language, graphical images, interactive applications, and the user interface (the “Content”) are the property and copyrighted material of CBORD, its licensors, vendors and partners. “Content” also includes any material from the Site that CBORD delivers to you through e-mail. You may display the Content and otherwise use the Site solely for your personal, noncommercial use. You may not modify, copy, distribute, forward, display, repost, reprint, sublicense, create derivative works from, transfer, link to, quote or sell any content except as expressly permitted by the copyright laws, in this Site Agreement, or in the Site’s Permission Services section.
CBORD does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of Content. Under no circumstances will CBORD be liable in any way for any Content, for any errors or omissions in any Content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content.
You agree to not use the Site to:
- Upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- Harm minors in any way;
- Impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a CBORD employee, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the Site;
- Upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any Content that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- Upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights (“Rights”) of any party;
- Upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation, except in those areas that are designated for such purpose;
- Upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- Interfere with or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Service;
- Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law;
- Harass another user;
- Collect or store personal data about other users;
- Take advantage of promotional offers in a manner inconsistent with fair use of such promotion as detailed in the promotion rules. In the event of such abuse, CBORD reserves the right to take action to prevent such activity.
Username, Password and Security
The registration process may require you choose a username (email address) and password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and your account, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account. You agree to (a) immediately notify CBORD of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security, and (b) ensure that you log off from your account at the end of each session. CBORD cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this section.
Purchase of Services
By using the Site you acknowledge and agree that CBORD and its Officers and Directors shall have no liability for any cost, damage or harm arising directly or indirectly in connection with any of the Services ordered or received through this Site or through links on this Site or from any action or inaction of any Partner.
You may have the option to purchase Services over this Site using a credit card by sending that information over the Internet. This Site uses encryption technology to protect the information from access by unauthorized third parties. However, CBORD cannot guarantee that the encryption technology will operate as intended or that a third party will not be able to access such information. If you have any concerns about sending such information over the Internet, you should use an alternative means of payment. By sending any sensitive information over the Internet in connection with your use of this Site, you agree that neither CBORD nor its Officers and Directors will have any liability if the applicable encryption technology fails to protect your information.
This site may contain links to other sites on the Internet that are owned and operated by third party vendors and other third parties (the “External Sites”). CBORD is not responsible for the availability of, or the content located on or through, any External Site. CBORD does not endorse the content (or software) of any third party site, nor do we warrant that they will not contain viruses or otherwise impact your computer. By using the Site to search for or link to another site, you agree and understand that you may not make any claim against CBORD for any damages or losses, whatsoever, resulting from your use of the Site to obtain search results or to link to another site. In addition, should you link to any third party site you will be bound by the terms and conditions that apply on that site.
CBORD reserves the right to change this Site Agreement at any time by revising the terms and conditions herein. You are responsible for regularly reviewing these terms and conditions and your use of the Site following any such change, constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
CBORD reserves the right to change the Site at any time at its sole discretion without notice to users. CBORD may deny access to the Site to anyone at any time.
This Site Agreement shall include any additional terms, conditions, notices, policies or disclaimers provided by CBORD, its licensors, vendors or partners in specific areas of the Site. However, in the event of a conflict between such terms and this Site Agreement, the terms of this Site Agreement shall control.
THE MATERIALS AND SERVICES AT THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED AS IS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY.
ANY RIGHTS NOT EXPRESSLY GRANTED HEREIN ARE RESERVED.